Throughout the school year, there are many ways for parents to get involved and volunteer at school. From field trip chaperones to helping with the spring play to joining the hospitality committee, there are opportunities to help us out in a wide variety of ways. Our parent volunteers are a part of what makes VFKH a great place!
Sign Up to Volunteer
You must be logged in to the parent portal
Pennsylvania requires clearances for all chaperones and volunteers. This includes on-campus volunteers, such as gardening or event set up.
Volunteers must complete:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP)
- Child Abuse History certification from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse)
- National Sex Offender Verification
Volunteers who have lived outside PA in the last 10 years additionally require:
- FBI clearance (requiring fingerprinting)
- All required clearances for the states which you’ve resided during the previous 10 years
For more information and links for clearances, visit the Keep Kids Safe website.
Learn more about volunteering and clearances in this document and apply for a PA Clearance with the Department of Human Services on their website.