The curriculum offered is the “Montessori Method” for children ages 2½ years old through Grade 6. At VFKH, an independent private school, your child is nurtured through this method to continue to grow at his or her’s own pace within an individualized learning framework. Besides Language, Mathematics, Cultural Studies and Geography, the children also work with activities that develop and strengthen their muscular coordination, motor skills, concentration and enhance their sensory awareness. Students also have many opportunities to develop their social skills. Whether your child is preschool, kindergarten or elementary age, VFKH provides the experience to grow in each of these ways.
Ages 2½ through Grade 6. Activities include Art, Music, Field Trips and Family-Oriented Activities
Montessori Half Day 8:30 – 11:45 AM
All Students attend the Half Day Montessori 5 days a week.
Montessori Full Day 8:30 – 3:00 PM
Students are accepted into the Montessori Full Day based on academic readiness after the age of 4½.
Montessori Elementary 8:30 – 3:00 PM
Grades 1 through 6. Students are accepted into the Montessori Elementary from the Montessori Full Day program based on academic readiness.
Extended Care Programs:
- Before and after school programs. Child must be a student of VFKH.
- Early Bird 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
- Lunch 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM
- Lunch & Nap 11:45 AM – 3:00 PM
- Kinder Kammer I 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- Kinder Kammer II 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
- Extended Kinder Kammer 5:30 PM – 6 PM
Accreditations & Affiliations:
- PA Department of Education – Private Academic Schools
- AMI – Association Montessori International
- NAMTA – North American Montessori Teachers Association